Sunday, 29 April 2012
Colbrook's ice factory was part of the selection of businesses owned by the family. The family moved from Sussex to the Guildford area where they opened a butchers shop in the High Street. By the late 1860s they had opened a butchers shop in North Street and an ice factory. By about 1930 a further ice factory was owned and located in Walnut Tree Close.